Monday, October 6, 2008

Old school works

As I am now in Finland and visiting my parent's home, it is good time to make a post about my old works I made at school. I am going to make another post of some other old stuff later.




I made this hand towel when I was about 11 years old. Every girl in my class had to make similar one. This crocheted part has suffered a bit in washing machine. I really have used this towel.




My first pair of socks I ever knit. I was 12 years old. They were too small for me, but my sister and brother used to wear them, when they were small. So they don't look that nice any more. I think they are pure wool, but I am not 100% sure.




This jumper was one of those school works we could choose voluntarily. I was 14-15 years old. This is not my first jumper, but the very first one is gone, disappeared. I think the pattern for this jumper was from the German Burda magazine or something. I used alpaca and wool yarns. This was for my little sister, who used to wear it quite often.


A bit closer look to that previous jumper.


This cable jumper was made about the same time as the previous one. It has been used by two of my little sisters. So it has strechted a lot. The yarn is cotton. I think the arm holes look a bit strange, but otherwise not too bad for a teenager.

I think I am much lazier these days knitting mostly socks or mittens. I really should start making something bigger again.


No comments: