Sunday, May 18, 2008

Some old stuff from last winter

The lovely hot weather turned to a dull one for this weekend. Especially the beginning of this week was quite roasting. I love hot weather. I am always happy to wear as less clothes as possible. :) Flip flops, dresses, skirts, that's it. We were planning to go camping somewhere in West Cork, if the weather had been nicer, but stayed in the city (town), when it didn't look too good.

When organising my photos lately I realised I had taken some photos of some works I made last winter. There are still some other winter projects what also need to be photographed. It is nearly summer, but it is probably never too late and it is raining anyway. :)

Some socks

The Kerttu-socks by Uhoava Gnu. I didn't make them exactly similar to the pattern. Actually my Kerttus are a bit strange looking. Maybe there is something to do with the yarn. I was using some leftover hanks of Nalle, what is not my favourite yarn. I think I am not happy with myself, when looking at the result. What do you think?




Pattern: Kerttu-sukat by Uhoava Gnu, with some modifications.
Yarn: Nalle-lanka.


Then Kerttu went crazy... This other socks look a bit better. They don't look as shabby and made-by-a-school girl as do those first ones. I didn't actually have enough white yarn, so did that strange endings. Socks photographed with the book of L.M. Montgomery, whose books I loved I was a child. (and still love)




Pattern: Kerttu-sukat by Uhoava Gnu, with some modifications.(Kerttu goes crazy)
Yarn: Nalle-lanka.


Some wool hats and beanies

All different kind of basic wool hats of different kind of yarns. I just measured them when knitting, so didn't have any pattern to follow. Last winter they were worn mostly by my boyfriend and some of them are gone missing already.






Last night I didn't sleep very well. I fell asleep in the living room when watching Elizabeth - The Golden Age with my partner. Then I woke up many hours later alone in the living room with upset belly. That's too much Gin and Tonic and the lovely Indian food from the Raj Gaylord restaurant. So I was then browsing in internet and decided to join the Ravelry as well. A few minutes ago my location in the queue looked this.
  • You signed up on Today
  • You are #160308 on the list.
  • 2719 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 113 people are behind you in line.
  • 98% of the list has been invited so far

No comments: