Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Spencer Tunick in Ireland

http://www.artdaily.com/imagenes/2006/08/09/080906e.jpg

Photo: http://www.artdaily.com/imagenes/2006/08/09/080906e.jpg

The other day I was walking back home from the town (Cork City centre) and saw an ad full of naked people. It was about Spencer Tunick's Ireland project. He is famous for his pictures of big groups of naked people photographed in public places. He will shoot his art project here in Cork on 17th of June as part of the Cork Midsummer Festival. He has also another project in Dublin on 21st of June. I think it is interesting, but I wouldn't probably go. Or don't know, if I have friends crazy enough.:0 If someone else is more interested in exposing everything, you can find more information here. Has anybody been in Tunick's projects?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of those things that you will regret later when other people tell you how great the experience was. Don't miss the opportunity - participate.

I am travelling to Cork specially for this installation, it will be my fifth for Spencer Tunick.

I admin one of the largest (if not the largest) discussion group and forum about Spencer Tunick and his work, and run the sister Experience site:

www.spencertunickforum.org
www.thespencertunickexperience.org

Best wishes,
Gilead.

Anonymous said...

i was reading a magazine article the other day about women going nude in front of the camera, not to make money or any other reason except for themselves. one women had an operation and she was fed up of hiding her scars... these womens stories gave me goose bumps.

not too long after reading this i had to go under the knife... my scars are still fairly noticeable and i'm not really comfortable with them. then i heard about Spencer Tunic and that he as gonna be taking a group photo in Cork, i thought this is my chance to do something like the women in my magazine.

i'm fairly nervous about the photo but at the same time i'm really looking forward to it. i really think i'll regret it if i missed such a mad experence.

hope u get the courage to go too,
Teenie

angeldharma said...

I've signed up for the installation in cork, never done anything like this before, most I've ever done is gone topless in greece. have always been fascinated by the photos. I turn 44 the following day. and I am doing it for myself, its all about liberation and loving myself and being proud of my self and my body.

Anonymous said...

I've just returned from the Dublin installation and it was a fantastic experience. It was cold and it rained but I would do it all again in a heart beat. The people were in great form, Spencer worked quickly and everyone really enjoyed it. AMAZING!